Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: NEW DEL SOL!!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member GRAYSTM's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am thinking of purchasing a del sol in porltand that has a b18c swap, cams, headers, exaust, intake, and gsr brakes, gsr stuff, vtec controller, and a bunch of skunk 2 goods. Here is the case. I talked to the guy, and he said there is one prob, the speedo doesnt work and either does the vtec/vtec controller because some sensor has gone bad or something? I know nothing about it except that. He said it was like maybe 100 dollar fix? And I think i can get him to fix it before I buy it. Do you think this is a good deal if i offer lik 4grand? Has anyone heard of the prob, and do you know if its an easy fix? Thanks

  2. #2
    Inactive Member pLaYbOi's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    432
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i would NEVER buy a modded car...especially BECAUSE of all the reasons you mentioned. you dont know how it was treated...you dont know how it was maintained...etc...wait for a cheap S model for like 2.5k...buy it...and swap in all the stuff you want and start off with a FRESH plate.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member A.Oster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 27th, 2005
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree. [img]wink.gif[/img] you should just buy mine and do your own swap later on. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member GRAYSTM's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    how much you selling yours for...

  5. #5
    Inactive Member A.Oster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 27th, 2005
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Its all here: [img]wink.gif[/img] http://photobucket.com/albums/y201/Osterberg/carpics/
    It's all ready for a trans/eng swap. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] It's what I have been thinking about for a while, but school is like a big blackhole of suck-i-ness. [img]frown.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member yokohamatyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 27th, 2003
    Posts
    434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When and where did you get your visors and maplights from?


    -t-

    Originally posted by A.Oster:
    Its all here: [img]wink.gif[/img] http://photobucket.com/albums/y201/Osterberg/carpics/
    It's all ready for a trans/eng swap. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] It's what I have been thinking about for a while, but school is like a big blackhole of suck-i-ness. [img]frown.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Geo VP's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2001
    Posts
    1,092
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So the guy said he checked it out and it's the VSS that's bad huh? VTEC doesn't work also, sounds like a half-ass swap then. I would wonder what else is wrong that he didn't state now. That's most likely why he's trying to unload it.

    Buyer beware comes to mind, big time. [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/storm.gif[/img]

    Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

    banner38qx

  8. #8
    Inactive Member A.Oster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 27th, 2005
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A guy on SolSociety.com had them for sale. $200 for the complete visor swap and maplights. Hard to pass up. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    When my woman comes back in 20 days I hope to add rear plate fillers, and maybe a few oem switches for the blank plates in the e-brake area and back consoles. I just haven't figured what to hook them up to yet. I was thinking a pair of heated seat switches in the rear compartment slots to turn off the bass shakers in the seats, but I don't know when I would! [img]cool.gif[/img] I like the kick. I was also thinking about a 1/2 mast antenna switch while I was at it, and then reinstalling a power antenna so I could tune in classic king fm again. I actually miss it on occasion.
    Always in flux....

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 03, 2006 08:36 PM: Message edited by: A.Oster ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member GRAYSTM's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    well the only thing wrong he states is the vtec controller which is a 60-120 dollar piece he stated and and under 200 installed, then third gear grinds a lil when you really get on it, wich is a known problem I hear in the gsr tranny. the vtec controller is makin the speedo not work, and the vtec not work. he just got the car painted... like he gets it back tomorrow from paint booth, and a brand new front bumper.

    im going to check it out tomorrow...anything certain to feel for/look far/hear for??? its for 4800, what should i try and talk him down to?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member pLaYbOi's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    432
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    tell him to take out the motor and buy the car as a shell from him. That way you can get a motor put in there and installed by a REAL reputable shop.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •